The information we collect will vary depending upon the function, product, or processes you select or request(for example, quote, request for proposal, e-mail, purchase). We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation, etc…
- information necessary to provide with you’re an accurate insurance quote including but not limited to name, date of birth, social security number, address, phone number, email address, policy type(s) and number(s), driver's license number, accident/violation history, information about vehicle operators, lien/lease holders, vehicle information, etc…
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters
- any other information that you choose to send to us
- information about your transactions with our affiliates, others, or us - for example, the types of products and services you purchase from us, premiums, policy account balances and payment history
- information from outside sources, including consumer reporting agencies. This information includes loss information reports, motor vehicle reports, and credit reports
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
We may use your personal information to:
- provide you with the response or service you have requested
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- contact you about our products and services and send to you marketing communications relating to our business [or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties] which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);]
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us. We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- to service an insurance policy we have issued (e.g., inquiries from lien holders or additional insureds listed on the policy) or to address claims submitted under a policy we have issued
- to certain persons or organizations, such as: your agent or broker; insurance support organizations; other insurance companies in order to perform their function in regard to an insurance transaction involving you (i.e. a claim); independent claim adjusters; businesses that conduct actuarial or research studies; regulatory and law enforcement authorities; or our affiliated companies, if any
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure password and firewall protected servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.